Mission StatementThe Valley Collaborative Parent Advisory Group works to support all children and parents with special needs in our community. We are committed to:
Selection of Officers/Volunteers
- Promoting a platform for discussion for parents to share information, discuss common concerning matters, and interests among the population of students.
- Communicate with local, state and national organizations that support parents and children with special needs.
- Meet with our Administrators and appropriate Valley Collaborative personnel as needed, to participate in discussions regarding education, health and safety our students.
- Promote communication among our families in all of our programs.
- Provide informational and educational forums to parents, students, and educator and all other professionals involved with children with special needs.
- Promote communication that encourages understanding, acceptance and inclusion of our students.
MeetingsValley Collaborative Parent Advisory Group meetings will be conducted with an administrator and officers using the following procedure:
- Correspondence with principals on concerning subjects
- Work with school personnel in organizing educational seminars for parents and guardians.
- Offer suggestions on ways to improve and expand services that our collaborative offers
GuidelinesEach Parent Advisory Group is required to have 1 informational workshop annually within the district at the start of the year that includes the following information:Each Parent Advisory Group is required to have one additional seminar totaling 2 for the academic year.
- Meeting calendar and individual agenda’s and schedules will be set with Parent Advisory Group parents and administrator.
- Parent Advisory Group academic year calendar will be posted on- line to the Valley Collaborative website, and sent home to parents.
- Agenda for each meeting will be posted on the school website one week prior that includes, time, location and content of meeting.
- Agenda will be posted in each school one-week prior to Parent Advisory Group meeting.
- Agenda will be sent home with students as a reminder at least 2 days prior to meeting.
- Cancelled or postponed Parent Advisory Group meetings will be posted on the website, and school representatives will be notified as soon as the cancellation is determined.
- Quarterly meetings may be conducted with parent representatives and administrators in addition to any scheduled seminars.
- Minutes will be taken and posted online to our website.
- Parent Advisory Group will meet at one of the following buildings: Elementary School Building, Middle School Building or High school building.
- The rights of the students, parents and guardians under state and federal special education laws, “according to state special education regulation 603 CMR 28.03 (1)(a)(4). This reinforces the images that our Parent Group is a valuable, helpful resource to our families.
- At this seminar please distribute the following documents: Parents Rights Brochure, A Parents Guide To Special Education.
- The included power point presentation dedicated to the annual meeting. Please distribute and use for presentation.