Referral and Admission of New and Transferring Students
- School District makes referral by contacting the appropriate school Principal.
- The Principal/Designee schedules an interview and tour of the student with their legal guardian (for students in the custody of the State, their Social Worker/Case Manager).
- During the interview and tour, the Principal/Designee provides the Guardian with the Admission Checklist, Student Handbook, and Admission Forms.
- If the IEP team is interested in the student attending the program, a full-day(s) visit can be scheduled.
- After the tour and full-day(s) visit (if required), if there are differences in the assessment of what services the student needs, a team meeting is held before admittance.
- A determination/acceptance letter will be sent to the sending district who will then notify the Guardian. The Guardian must return all enrollment documents to the Principal.
- After receiving the enrollment documents, the Principal informs the District and Guardian of the start date.
- Transportation will be arranged between the District, Guardian, and Transportation Company. Once transportation has been secured, the District/Guardian will confirm the student’s start date with the Principal.
For more information, contact:
Principal, Valley Elementary School
Principal, Transitional Programming,
Valley Middle School,
Valley Transitional High School
Principal, Alternative Programming